Wednesday, May 12, 2004

turn that frown, upside down

Have you ever been toward the end of a really bad day when all of a sudden it completely turns around? You're tired, crabby, stressed out and generally grumpy and then, on a dime, something happens that makes you want to skip for glee?

I experienced this this evening. I had a shitty day at work. I'm having lots of them lately. For some reason, possibily the set up of my new work space, I don't feel like I'm being very productive lately. By the time Mark picked me up I was really tired and hungry and grumpy. We had to do some errands and then dash home to grab his dad to go out for dinner (we decided that we didn't want to cook or clean up). After dinner, realizing that we were spitting distance from my godson, Matthew, I decided to pop over to his place and drop off his birthday card and gift (he turned 18 today). I wasn't sure that would even be at home so Mark and his dad stayed in the car.

Matthew came to the door and as I wished him a "Happy Birthday" and handed him his card, I could see his great-grandmother sitting in the living room. Immediately, I felt so filled with happiness that I almost started to cry. See, his great-grandmother lives in England. I didn't know that she was visiting (I mean I knew she'd be visiting this spring but I hadn't talked to Matthew's grandmother in several weeks) and I hadn't seen her in almost 10 years. She had not changed one little bit. She was still my lovely adopted English granny. Seeing her totally made all the bad stuff just melt away.

Funny how that happens huh?

No comments: