Tuesday, May 11, 2004

I'm kind of brain dead tonight so in lieu of a proper post, here's this week's TV Tuesday:

1. What show would you like to see brought back for an hour or two episode, to see how the characters are doing now? (This should be a show that it might be possible to do a reunion on.)

I would love to see a reunion of the original cast of Designing Women. Now that I think about it, Julia would probably be "retired" from the business but I imagine that Mary-Jo would still be working. It would be neat to see what happened with Charlene (how many kids she had, what she ended up doing) and Suzanne.

2. Pick a show that could not realistically be brought back for a reunion, because some or all of the cast members are gone. What if they could have done a reunion before it was too late? Name the show you'd most like to see.

Family Affair. I would have loved to seen what happened to the children when they were grown. When I was a kid, it was one of my favourite programs.

3. Which reunion show have you watched and thought "Wow, they should have left that one alone!"

The Brady Bunch Hour. I loved the movies (all of them), but the variety hour was a huge error in judgement on someone's part.

~Bonus~ Which do you prefer- a "reunion" episode of the series, or a "cast reunion" where the actors sit around and talk about the making of the show?

I like a little of both. Maybe a reunion episode with a discussion to follow afterwards. One of the nice things about watching old television programs on DVD is the audio commentary. I love to hear stories about how episodes came about or weird things that occured during the filming.

No comments: