Wednesday, October 15, 2003

thinking about terry underwear...

After listening to DCW almost non-stop for 2 days, I popped in "If You're Feeling Sinister." It's been a while since I listened to it. I was reminded of it on the weekend while I watched Pumpkin. Thinking about it now, it was somewhat appropriate to watch a movie called "pumpkin" on Thanksgiving. Pie aside though, there is a really cute scene in the movie, where "Stars of Track and Field" is played. I think I heard the Gentle Waves later on in the film but I can't say for certain.

The movie was really cute. I didn't have any expectations about it (or a clue about the plot) when I started out watching it. I was flicking around the channels, saw Christina Ricci on the screen and stopped. I missed the first 2 minutes I think but it wasn't far enough long that I'd not bother with it. The premise of the film is that a sorority girl falls in love with a developmentally challenged boy. It was funny and sweet at times. I watched a few movies over the weekend actually. Being brain dead makes for good movie watching I think. I saw In the Bedroom and Real Women Have Curves as well. Pretty good choices I think. I enjoyed them much more than if I had stumbled upon Bubble Boy or The Ring which were also on the Movie Channel over the weekend.

It's rainy quite hard at the moment, it's dark outside too. The leaves that have fallen onto the pavement are sticking to shoes. Somehow, listening to "Me and the Major" is making me feel like it's sunny and warm outside. One should never underestimate the awesome power of a pop album!

No comments: