Friday, October 24, 2003

I'm still feeling a little sick about Elliott Smith. I was on the NME Elliott Smith chat board yesterday and there was a variety of rumour / speculation flying around about the circumstances of his death. Some folks are suggesting, and I must admit that the thought did cross my mind when I heard the news, that he may not have taken his own life. Whatever the case, it won't bring him back.

Other than that though, it's not been much of a week. Work's been busy, as per usual. It's Friday again but there's no Friday Five this week. We were invited to a wedding in Boston this weekend but aren't going. It's a cousin from my dad's side of the family. He's a really nice guy and I hear that his fiancee is a lovely girl but we just couldn't afford a thousand dollar weekend right now. Mum and dad are going, they're actually driving his folks and sister down with them, they're all leaving this morning. Hopefully they'll have a fun and safe weekend, it's a long drive.

I have housework and laundry to keep me busy this weekend. Mark's working tomorrow so I'll try to get everything sorted out tomorrow and we can have Sunday off to veg out. I could use some time to be brain dead this weekend, I'm looking forward to it. All this thinking I've been doing the past few days is hurting my brain.

No comments: