Monday, October 20, 2003

Happy Monday!

I don't know why I do but I constantly marvel over how quickly time passes by. I guess it's because when I was a kid, the year seemed to take forever to pass by. As an adult, one who plans events for a living and is always looking ahead on the calendar, the time just whizzes by.

I'm on an extended long weekend. I took Friday and today off from work and am enjoying it a lot. Mark took today off too so we've been getting our house ready for winter. Yesterday we did a bunch of stuff outside, gardening mostly. Cleaning up flower beds, trimming back bushes and trees to prevent them from banging against the house in wind storms this winter. This will be our 4th winter in this house and this is the first time (I think) that we're going to be properly prepared. Mark put the air conditioners away yesterday, today we're going to be sealing up some windows and weather proofing things around the house. We could really use some new windows but that's not in our budget for this year. We did put screen doors on our front and side door this spring so that should help cut down on some of the heat loss we were experiencing on the main floor of our place. Last winter, it was pretty frosty at times. I also don't want to pay the city any more than I absolutely have to for our gas and electric this winter. I'm cheap, it's true.

I think that the best part of today is going to be spent doing nothing. I've tidied up already, Mark's taking the "yard waste" to the community composting facility as I type this. I've got to finish up the laundry I started but other than that, our day is free and clear. I'm looking forward to putting my feet up this afternoon, it'll be a nice break for both of us!

No comments: