Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Because It's Tuesday - March 31

I'm going to keep this short today.

On Sunday evening, I heard the news that the songwriting genius, John Prine, was in critical condition in a Nashville hospital due to COVID-19. I have always thought of Mr Prine as a cat with nine lives. That man has been through a lot with his health over the years. He always pulls through it somehow and, as my friend Nancy commented, will write a good song about the experience.
John Prine
I sure hope he gets a a chance to do that this time. He's just one of those people who is full of love and you can hear it in every word he speaks. I know that all of his fans are sending him love and good vibes at this time.

For my cover today, I'm sharing a lovely version of John Prine's "Hell in There" (from his 1971 self titled album)
performed by Natalie Merchant, Billy Bragg and Michael Stipe in Glasgow back in March of 1990.

Stay well folks. Stay inside and wash your hands. xo

Ya' know that old trees just grow stronger
And old rivers grow wilder ev'ry day
Old people just grow lonesome
Waiting for someone to say, "Hello in there, hello"


No comments: