Friday, March 27, 2020

Not Guilty Just Pleasure - Come Back Margaret

Last week, I saw a picture posted on Facebook which made me feel sad. It was a photo of a note, written by a young child in Ireland, "To Corona Virus, you destroyed my birthday, YOU are the f-word"

BillI share this sentiment. Now, I know I'm not alone in being absolutely shocked at the spread of this thing and how we've all had to hunker down. We're all doing our very best to stay healthy and protect our health care system. Like the little boy with the destroyed birthday party, I'm super disappointed that I won't be flying to BC tomorrow to see my lovely man.We had been planning this since our last visit ended in January and while having to cancel the trip was tough, not knowing when we'll be able to reschedule it makes it feel extra yucky.

In the grand scheme of things, I know that this is just a minor inconvenience for us both. Both of us and our families remain healthy and well. We'll see each other as soon as we can manage it. This isn't the end of the world but it's a bummer for sure.

Today's song is by Camera Obscura. I decided to share "Come Back Margaret" because my real name is Margaret and I'm trying to "come back" to the Okanagan.

Hope you're all keeping well and staying put. Have a good weekend lovelies xo

Come back Margaret he wants to adore you
Come back Margaret I'd like to explore you


No comments: