Thursday, March 12, 2020

Cancon Thursday - Superbloom

The world sure seems like a scary place at the moment.

I've actually made myself limit the amount of news I'm reading / listening to because it's making my anxiety go bananas. Part of it is that it makes me think of Stephen King's great book, The Stand. For those of you who haven't read it, it's a classic story of good vs evil. The battle between the two sides happens after a deadly virus is released from a government lab and most of the folks on the planet die. There is a lot of detail about how the thing spread in the first part of the book and I can't help but compare that story to what's going on with COVID-19 right now.

So, for today's Cancon song, I'm sharing a perfectly lovely pop song by one of my favourite artists, Ralph. She recently released it on her new label, Rich Man Records. It's a song about optimism, we could use a little bit of that right now. Hope you enjoy it, it's a fucking fantastic song (in my opinion anyway). It's a toe-tapper for sure and has some pretty amazing 80's style horns so what's not to love?

Stay strong folks, this too shall pass, right? xo

Maybe the rain will pass soon
And leave us with a superbloom
Baby, I know it's been a rough June
I hope we make it to our superbloom


No comments: