Wednesday, April 01, 2020

Way Back Wednesday - Being Boring

From the first time I heard today's song, I loved it. It's sad yet uplifting, touching and memorable.

Also, the video is gorgeous.

Whenever someone tells me that they are bored, I always say that only boring people get bored. I think that there are a lot of restless folks out there right now. Perhaps feeling a little stir crazy as the days of social distancing have turned into weeks. I stick to my statement that only boring people get bored. There are lots of things you can do to amuse yourself. Read books, listen to music, clean, exercise, cook, call your friends and family, play games, teach yourself something new from YouTube videos...I'll not go on, you get the idea.

Personally, I'm not bored because I'm working from home and that's keeping on a regular daily routine. I may change my tune if I wasn't busy and distracted from the pandemic by my job. I'm lucky, I know.

Anyway, for Way Back Wednesday, I'm sharing one of my favourite Pet Shop Boys songs with you, Being Boring. Released on their 1990 album Behaviour, it's a beautiful song. Hope you enjoy it.

Stay healthy, stay inside, wash your hands, tell the people you love how you feel about them xo

Now I sit with different faces
in rented rooms and foreign places
All the people I was kissing
some are here and some are missing
in the nineteen-nineties
I never dreamt that I would get to be
the creature that I always meant to be
but I thought in spite of dreams
you'd be sitting somewhere here with me


No comments: