Thursday, March 26, 2020

Cancon Thursday - Take Me Out

It feels really good to be posting regularly again. Routine is important during times of uncertainty. I've realized that over the past couple of weeks.

When I discovered that I would be able to work from home, I made a decision to stick as close as possible to my work routine. Every weekday morning, I'm getting up, eating my usual breakfast, having my coffee, showering and getting dressed for work. Just like I would if I was going into the office, I even do my hair and make up (which I quickly realized was a very good thing on day one and we started having video meetings!!!). For me, I need that whole process to make my brain kick into work mode. I'd often thought that I didn't have the discipline to work at home. I do miss seeing my colleagues but I'm faring better than I thought I would. I really feel like sticking to the morning routine is the key for me.

So, today is Thursday which means that I'm sharing a Canadian song with you. My Cancon pick this week is "Take me Out" by the amazing Sarah Harmer. Sarah recently released her first album in a decade, the spectacular "Are You Gone" I was so excited for it's release and it didn't disappoint at all. Sarah will be on tour later in the year and she'll be playing two shows here in Kingston. Check her out if you can, she is fantastic live and here is a taste. I'm sharing a great live version of "Take Me Out" which was recorded for CBC Music.

Hope you love it like I do. Stay safe kids and stay inside!!! xo

I'm in a dream and I'm searching
for something I  might have been before i lost my mind


No comments: