Wednesday, March 04, 2020

Way Back Wednesday - Ciao

The other day, someone on a facebook group I belong to for fans of Father John Misty, asked about good breakup songs. My way back Wednesday song today is the one I suggested for him. Some other songs suggested from group members included "Song for the Dumped" by Ben Folds Five, "Hate It Here" by Wilco (I think that this was Mark's favourite Wilco song - it's so good), "Pictures of You" by the Cure, "Ain't No Sunshine" by Bill Withers... the list went on and on and it got better and better.

Anyway, this Lush tune is, I think, right up there with "Gonna Get Along Without You Now" as good break up songs go. You give it a listen and let me know if you agree. It's Ciao! by Lush (with the lovely Jarvis Cocker) from their 1996 album Lovelife.

Happy hump day kiddos. xo

Well, I've felt better since I slammed that door
You always cramped my style, I never noticed before
It's been a non-stop party since I flew the coop
I can't believe I fell for such a loser like you


No comments: