Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Because It's Tuesday - week of March 24

Well a lot sure has happened in a week. I've been working at home now for almost a week. My head is a blur most days, the time is flying by. There is a lot to do.

On the weekend I decided that I would limit my news consumption to just once a day, in the evening, after dinner. About 15 minutes of CBC is really all I need to keep up with things and honestly, my soul needed a break.

Music is honestly keeping me sane. I'm loving so many of the isolation projects that I'm seeing and hearing online. If nothing else good comes of this, we're being treated to some wonderful things.

One of my favourite things is Joe Pernice's "Barely Manilow" project. He's been releasing beautiful acoustic covers of Barry Manilow songs every day for the past few days. On Saturday, he released a wonderful version of my very favourite (since I was in grade 6!) Barry Manilow song, "Can't Smile Without You." I'm sharing that here today. I'd encourage you to check it out and then go over to bandcamp and spend some money on Joe's stuff (and while you're there, buy some music from your other favourite artists).

This fits perfectly with my theme of covers on a Tuesdays. Enjoy kiddos and please, stay home and keep safe xo

You know I can't smile without you
I can't smile without you
I can't laugh and I can't sing
I'm finding it hard to do anything
You see I feel sad when you're sad
I feel glad when you're glad
If you only knew what I'm going through
I just can't smile without you


Can’t Smile Without You from Joe pernice on Vimeo.

No comments: