Friday, October 25, 2019

Not Guilty Just Pleasure - Crimson Tide

I went to bed on Election day knowing that we'd have a minority Liberal government.  When I awoke the following morning, I was relieved that the country would not be lead by a hateful man. What we have isn't perfect but it's workable.

Shortly after that, I opened up my email and read some very happy news, a new Destroyer song had been released. Good good news indeed.  Since Tuesday, I've been completely obsessed with this song.  I absolutely love Dan Bejar's writing.  This song is beautiful and I'm so excited about the new album (entitled "Have We Met" and it's due in January) that I've already pre-ordered my copy.

Regarding the election results, I'll just say this.  I've grown weary of hearing folks say that the conservatives won the popular vote.  They did not.  If you add up all of the votes that were cast across the country for alternatives to the conservatives, that number is far more than double the number of votes that they received.  Folks said it loudly, they will note allow a party which supports hate, sexism, racism, transphobia, homophobia, everything-I-care-about-phobia, to run this country.  /rant

So today, I'm sharing "Crimson Tide" with you. This song makes me stupidly happy so if you enjoy it 1/4 as much as I do, you're going to have an incredible musical experience.  Hope you all have a great weekend kiddos xo

Chicken-shit singers
Paying their dues
A circus mongrel sniffing for clues
You watch the blonde make mincemeat of the brunette
An actress pays her debt
To Satan again and again

No comments: