Thursday, October 31, 2019

Cancon Thursday - High Noon Scramble

Happy Halloween!

Many years ago, when I had my first proper post-college job, I worked at a place which, in the end, was a nightmare but, always had fun on holidays.  Halloween in particular was a big one and during the couple of years I worked there, everyone in the office dressed up on the big day. In a way, I'm glad that we don't dress up at work anymore.  It was always sort of a pain to figure out a costume and then have to function at your desk while wearing it.

For a long time, I would go all out on October 31.  I have bins in my basement which are filled with spooky and creepy and cute halloween decorations (always good to have a variety) but for the past few years, I haven't bothered to put them up.  It's supposed to be pouring with rain later today so who knows if the wee ones will even be able to get out to grab their candy tonight.  It's sort of a non event for me.  Having said that, I will be getting my flu shot this afternoon so that's sort of something significant to mark the day.  Maybe I'll wear a mask to the doctor's office.  Probably not but it's still early so anything could happen.

As it's Thursday again, I'm sharing a Canadian tune by a really fun Vancouver band, The Vicious Cycles.  I picked this video because some of the guys are dressed up like nuns (not for Halloween, just for the video).  If they actually are nuns and I misspoke, I would like to apologize.  Anyway, I hope you enjoy "High Noon Scramble" from their fine LP "Motorcycho" - you can purchase "Motorcycho" from Pirates Press Records and you really should, it's awesome and fun!

Stay safe and, if possible, dry today kiddos xo


Dirt first! Hear the church bells ringing
Dirt first! And the Filth Mode singing
Dirt first! Hear the church bells ringing ding dong


No comments: