Tuesday, October 08, 2019

Because It's Tuesday - week of October 8

Hey kids.

So, it's finally looking and feeling like fall around here.  I love that.  Crunchy leaves, cozy sweaters, crisp air... not so much in love with the rain or the frost but you have to take the bad with the good right?

If you've been paying attention, you will have long ago figured out that I loved David Bowie and still listen to his music regularly.  Because it's Tuesday, I'm sharing a cover with you. As I'm sure you can imagine, because Bowie's songs are so excellent, they have been covered many many times but artists of all genres.  Today, I'm sharing a often covered song, Heroes.

This is Ted Leo's cover... it was released in 2016 as part of the "Let All The Children Boogie: A Tribute to David Bowie" compilation. Proceeds from the album went to the LGBTQ youth charity organization It Gets Better. 

At times it's really tough to believe that Bowie is no longer with us, because his music is still everywhere.  Hope you enjoy this as much as I do xo

Though nothing will keep us together
We could steal time, just for one day
We can be heroes, forever and ever
What d'you say?

No comments: