Thursday, October 03, 2019

Kim Shattuck

Normally on Thursdays, I share a Canadian song here.  Today's not a normal Thursday so I'll not be sharing a Canadian song today.

My head is all over the place this morning. I didn't sleep super well to be honest. Last night, I heard the sad news of the passing of Kim Shattuck (of the Pandoras and the Muffs... ) at the young age of 56.  Apparently, Kim had been battling ALS for the last two years. All night I kept waking up and thinking about Kim.

She was an incredibly talented songwriter, singer and musicians.  I had the good fortune to meet her a couple of times over the years and to see the Muffs a bunch back in the 1990's.  It's been sad and also heartwarming to read everyone's Kim memories today.

My heart and deepest condolences go out to her husband and her family, to Ronnie and Roy and Melanie... to everyone who loved her and loved her music.  We are lucky that she left us so much good music to enjoy (and a new Muffs record which is out later this month).

Thank you Kim, for everything xo


I don't know why you're so glad
When my head's filled with sorrow
So maybe if I fade away
There'll be no sad tomorrow


No comments: