Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Way Back Wednesday - Mad About You

The other day, I was talking to a friend of mine about the song I'm going to share with you today.  As you know, on Wednesday's, I like to share an older song, one either that I really like or that has some special significance for me.

Back in the 1980's, videos were a big deal.  Sometimes, the video could draw you into a song that you didn't really care about, that perhaps wasn't particularly good, because the visuals were so stunning.  For today's song, I wouldn't say that the visuals were particularly stunning (although the singer, Belinda Carlisle, looked gorgeous).  What I always liked (and still do) about this video was her hair. The song was okay but the hair was amazing.

At the time of it's release, this song was a big hit in Canada and the video was in heavy rotation on the "nation's music station."  It was impossible to avoid.  I had huge hair envy.  Every time I stumbled across the video, I stopped and marveled at her hair.  Of course, she had hair dressers working on every time the camera stopped rolling but I didn't care, I wanted that hair.  For sure it was possible to have hair that looked that good in real life, right?

I tried, goodness knows I tried.  I had thick light brown / dark blonde hair at the time.  It was cut in a bob and I loved me some big hoop earrings (still do) but I could never get my hair to move like hers did.  Perhaps if I had invested in a wind machine I may have come close but alas, I didn't.

If you haven't figured it out yet, I'm sharing the video for "Mad About You" today.  Interesting tidbit about this song, it was one of the very first songs which was released as a cd single (this was 1986, cd's weren't really a thing yet).

Give yourself a big Belinda style hug and enjoy this dance on the beach down memory lane.  Happy hump day kids xo


No comments: