Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Because It's Tuesday - week of February 26

Well, it's the last Tuesday of the month.

I'll be so glad to say goodbye to February, you have NO idea!!  Why does the shortest month always feel like the it's the longest?  gah...

So, it's Tuesday, that means I'm sharing a cover with you lovely people.

It would probably be hard to find a band who's songs have been covered more often than the Beatles.  Some of the covers are great and some are meh.  The Beatles cover I'm sharing today sits somewhere in the middle.  I like it but it's very true to the original with the exception that it's performed by some very talented young women, the Donnas.

That's right kids, today I'm sharing "Drive My Car" by the Donnas with you. You may recall back in 2005, a compilation was released called "This Bird Has Flown:  A 40th Anniversary Tribute to the Beatles' Rubber Soul."  In addition to the Donnas, Dar Williams, Ben Lee, Low and Ted Leo (and others) recorded tunes from Rubber Soul.  It's a fun compilation... Hard to believe that Rubber Soul will be 55 years old next year but it will be.  Yikes.

Hope you enjoy the Donnas xo

No comments: