Thursday, February 14, 2019

Cancon Thursday - Ghosts & Flowers

Happy Love Day everyone.

Hope you're all having a good day so far and haven't been tempted to shove some red paper hearts down the throat of a random stranger yet.

Valentine's Day and New Years Eve are okay as holidays go (and under the right circumstances I have been known to celebrate both of them) but there seems to be a lot of weirdly manufactured pressure for folks to have a date / significant other in order to celebrate them properly.  I do no buy into that.  Even when I have a special person in my life, I'm not a big fan of these particular holidays.  I don't like anything that has the ability, intentional or not, to make folks feel bad about themselves.  Sometimes VD and NYE can do just that.  No more I say, resist!!  Just love yourself, you are enough!!

And on that note, it might be Valentine's Day today but it's also Thursday so that means I'm sharing a Canadian song with you.  As you know, I only share songs that I really like.   In honour of Cancon Thursday, this week I'm going to share a song with you by Expanda Fuzz.

If you like super fuzzy pop music, this is totally in your wheelhouse.  Expanda Fuzz are a duo from Ottawa and if you were smart, you would buy their lovely Cotton Candy Jet Engine LP, on pink vinyl kids!

I'll leave you with the official video for "Ghosts & Flowers."  enjoy my lovelies xo



No comments: