Thursday, July 12, 2018

CanCon Thursday - Looters' Follies

After two solid weeks of Canadian music, you may have thought that it would be a challenge for me to find another beloved song by a Canadian artist.

Oh it's no challenge at all.  I love so many Canadian songs, it's easy to find another goodie to share with you.  Today, it's a live version of Destroyer's "Looters' Follies."

This is a favourite song of mine.  I don't generally read too much into lyrics but this seems like a big fuck you to critics and hipsters who can't make anything remotely resembling art but have no problem tossing shit at stuff they either don't like or don't get.  Mr Bejar is an amazing poet and I've yet to meet a Destroyer song that I couldn't get along with.

Give it a listen and, if you like it, let me know. 

"Why can't you see that a life in art and a life of mimicry - it's the same thing!?!"


No comments: