Thursday, July 19, 2018

CanCon Thursday - You Get High


I knew earlier in the week that I would be sharing Terra Lightfoot's "You Get High" (from her "New Mistakes" album) with you as my CanCon Thursday pick.  At that time, I was hoping that I could also share the news that the album was short listed for the Polaris Music Prize (it was on the long list - the short list was announced on Tuesday this week).  Alas, it did not make it to the short list.  Some seriously good stuff did though.  Ms Lightfoot was in some good company.  I have no idea how they can decide which records move forward.  They are all pretty awesome in different ways.

Her talent is boundless.  She's got a fantastic voice and is great musician (and no, she's no relation to that other famous Canadian Lightfoot guy).

Anyway, here is a lovely live version of You Get High that was recorded for CBC Radio's Q back in March.  You can hear the whole interview and a couple of other songs here:  Q with Tom Power

enjoy xo

No comments: