Friday, July 06, 2018

Not Guilty, Just Pleasure - Captive

So, today's post is last in my two weeks of Canadian Content posts.

And it's not like I don't post Canadian content regularly (particularly on Thursday) but it's been fun shining a little light on the awesomeness that is Canadian music.

For my "not guilty, just pleasure" track this week, I've chosen a track by Sarah Harmer.  I think she's a mighty fine songwriter and her voice is just beautiful, she can give me goosebumps sometimes.  So lovely.

Back in the long ago, when we had our restaurant, we used to play her "Songs for Clem" and "You Were Here" albums, constantly.  It was in heavy rotation along with some of our favourites...  I always thought it was fun to play "You Were Here" after we'd just played "Wish You Were Here." I think I may have mail ordered by copy of "Songs for Clem" directly from her.  I remember sending off a money order and must not have calculated the amount correctly because when the CD arrived in the mail, my change, a toonie, was taped inside the CD case.

Captive is from her "Oh Little Fire" album. Hope you enjoy it kiddies xo

"Hold me to this thing, darling
And bring a ladder we'll climb to the rafters
As long as there's a view to look to
Fence me in and keep me close to you
"

No comments: