Friday, July 13, 2018

Not Guilty, Just Pleasure - Summer's End

There are certain artists who are universally accepted as being major influencers, musicians musicians, songwriters songwriters.  John Prine is definitely one of those folks.  His career spans 50 years and his writing gets better and better.

I've been listening to his most recent release, Tree of Forgiveness, a lot lately.  I won't say I have a favourite song, because I can find something to love about each track, but I did find myself playing a couple of them more than the others:  Summer's End and Boundless Love.  I went looking for a clip of Summer's End and found this one, Mr Prine with Sturgill Simpson and Brandi Carlile.  It's a great performance, I think so anyway. 

It's supposed to be a scorcher this weekend and definitely not close to the end of the season but enjoy Summer's End all the same lovelies xo


No comments: