Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Because It's Tuesday - Week of July 10

A couple of years ago at Christmastime, I was listening to CBC Radio in the morning and heard a song called "Christmas on the Beach" by Barbra Lica.  I was not familiar with her at the time but I really liked her Christmas song and checked her out.  She's a pixie-ish Toronto singer.  I got to know some of her non-Christmas music and was quite impressed.

Now, about today's cover.  It's a Ron Sexsmith song.  He is, without a doubt, one of my all time favourite singer-songwriters.  Barbra Lica recorded a version of his beautiful, "Secret Heart" for her "I'm Still Learning" album.  I'm sharing it with you today.  I hope you enjoy it.  It's a little bouncier than Ron's version, it's quite different actually.  Let me know what you think... xo


No comments: