Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Because it's Tuesday - Week of July 24

For some reason, around this time last summer, I was listening to "Damn The Torpedeos" a lot.  A friend and I had been debating the merits of Tom Petty (I would never call myself a fan, my friend considered himself to be a mid-sized fan).  The only record of Mr Petty's that I ever really cared for "Damn the Torpedeos."

Even though I wasn't much of a fan of his, I was deeply saddened for his family when he died last year.  It was a completely preventable thing which makes it all the tougher to cope with.  I hope that they are well supported as they navigate through the mucky bogs of grief.

On a lighter note, today's cover is a Tom Petty tune.  It's not a song from "Damn The Torpedeos" and not a song I particularly even like (it's tolerable) but this version, by Anthony D'Amato is pretty and quite enjoyable xo


No comments: