Tuesday, March 17, 2009

train wreckage


no food!?
Originally uploaded by Julep67
I have seen people walking by our office this morning wearing shorts and sandals. I just saw a lady wearing capris and flip flops. Last night, I dragged my stash of "keep at the office during the winter" shoes home with me. Spring fever is here a few days early. Maybe it's March madness or maybe it's the St. Patrick's day thing. Whatever it is, I'm liking it.

I'm also a fan of train-wrecks. Not real ones, well not the kind which actually involve actual trains but rather the kind which are exploited in tabloid media. It's a guilty pleasure of mine. While I would never wish anyone dead, I did enjoy the side show which developed in the weeks following the death of Anna Nicole. To me, it was like a strange continuation of her reality tv show. More recently, I've driven Mark out of the living room more than once by watching the "Octomom" on Dr Phil. Yes, she's nuts. Everyone agrees with it and at first, I was fascinated by it but over the past couple of days, I've lost interest (I'm a fair-weather train-wreck friend).

Today, however, I was angered and a little disgusted by the news that Ok! Magazine had released a "tribute" issue to Jade Goody (a dying b-list reality star from the UK). the poor girl (at last check) was still alive and I'm sure that her family had to be upset by this.

On a completely non-train wreck related note, I recently learned that my friend Sara's dad passed away in January. I never met him but I wish I had. He sounds like the kind of guy we need more of in this world, inspirational, compassionate and innovative. Here is a link to a lovely article about him which was recently published in the Montreal Gazette.

No comments: