Sunday, October 08, 2006

ode to an empty grocery store

sometimes I don't mind going shopping. when I was younger, I was a bit of a mallrat, as were my friends.

these days, if I have something I sort of need to get and the weather isn't too bad and the stores aren't too busy, I can shop. When it's really desperate though, like I have no food in the house and I have no choice but to shop, and it's raining, well then it's not fun.

this morning, heathens that we are, we shopped while everyone else was in church, being thankful. it was so nice to get parked easily, to have the stores practically to ourselves and to not have to deal with folks who seem, quite frankly, too frightened to drive, in the parking lots.

with the errands run and the laundry done (got that done yesterday), I might actually be able to put my feet up tomorrow. How nice will that be?!!

No comments: