Friday, June 03, 2005

tgif

I sat down this morning to make a grocery list. Tomorrow, Mark and I will likely be out doing errands and I like to start the list a day ahead of time, I'm less likely to forget stuff this way. Anyway, the list slowly shifted from a grocery list to one of things "to do." I'm the queen of the "to do" list, seriously. I write the list, cross stuff off, and then make a new one. This morning's "to do" list wasn't totally unreasonable on the surface. The problem with it, as I see it, is that I don't really want to have to do anything this weekend. I mean, obviously, we have to do errands, clothes need to be washed and meals need to be prepared but, beyond that, I don't want to do anything.

Normally, taking a weekend off wouldn't be a big deal. As you know though, we've moved recently and stuff is still very disorganized. I suspect that some kind of compromise will be made. I'll probably veg out a lot but some things will get done. The weather is supposed to be really nice this weekend so I'd like to get outside and enjoy as much of it as I can, if possible.

Funnily enough, whether we intend to or not, it ends up that Mark and I are doing little things every day, around the house. Slowly it's shaping up. I plan to take some photos of the outside of the house this weekend as I've received a request for them. One of the things that I like best about our new house is that it's very ordinary looking on the outside. From the street, it looks like a tiny little war time house (which it was at one time). Once inside though, it's a very big house, to us anyway.

Right now, all I can think about is the item at the top of my list for tomorrow: "sleep in." I've actually been thinking about it all week and can't wait. Sad huh?

No comments: