Monday, June 27, 2005

long weekend

Even though the official holiday weekend is coming up and this is a short week, the past weekend was very very long.

Joe is still not feeling well. The trip to the hospital last Monday and following days have worn him right now. I think he's dehydrated, he's very weak. I think that the pain killers his doctor's prescribed have done nothing but confuse him. We're both worried sick about him. Tonight we called the telehealth Ontario hotline and we were given some terrific advice.

Apparently, there is an agency here in town that can help us with Joe. I think he just needs a few days rest somewhere (here would be fine if we can have some nursing help), to get his strength back, to build his fluids back up. He was very confused over the weekend, he tried to leave the house in the middle of the afternoon on Saturday and that scared me to death. I barely slept at all that night because I was afraid that he'd try to leave again in the night.

I really just want him to feel better again. I know that this is terribly painful for him and it must be pretty scary too. I can't even imagine what's going on in his head right now. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that we're able to get some help and get him turned back around, feeling better, quickly.

No comments: