Saturday, January 22, 2005

so very cold

It's just freezing here, still. Right now, there is a blizzard happening outside. I expect that we'll have a crapload of snow to shovel in the morning.

I didn't plan to do much today because I wasn't feeling that great when I woke up. I've been fighting a cold or something. At 5:30 this morning, I got up for a couple of hours and went back to bed because I couldn't get warm. When I finally crawled out of bed, I managed to get Joe's room cleaned from top to bottom (he normally does it himself but he's not been feeling well so I did it) and I changed both of the beds. Right now, I have my fourth load of laundry in but I'm not planning to do much more tonight. I think we're going to toddle off and watch a movie or something.

This afternoon, I snapped a picture of the ice that was slowly accumulating on the window next to my desk. Seeing this makes me so glad that we got new windows for the downstairs. Up here, on the second floor, it's always toasty roasty warm (because the morons who owned this house before us piled up insulation upon insulation in the attic instead of replacing the roof). Anyway, here's an example of what we were dealing with before:

Photo of my office window

No comments: