Friday, January 14, 2005

small town or what

I'm going to preface this by saying that we almost never run into folks we know when we're out and about. Okay?

So, Mark picked me up tonight after work. He does this every night. He runs me across campus so I drop something off at Human Resources on our way home. On the way out of the parking lot, we run into my wonderfully fabulous friend Annette and her super talented husband, Jamie. Now this isn't unusual, she works on campus too. It was really nice to see them (we haven't seen them in a while) and she and I decided to get together for lunch next week. Okay, that was neat.

We decide that because we are most likely going to have visitors (or maybe just one visitor) for dinner tomorrow night, we should maybe get some groceries tonight. Out to the west end we go. A quick stop at the grocery store and then onto Costco. On the spur of the moment, we decide to stop for dinner. We walk into the restaurant and my parents are sitting there. Of course, we all decide to eat together. We had a terrific visit and a very nice time. Not too weird,

Over to Costco we go. Mark heads into the store, I grab a buggy. I'm concentrating on my buggy. Another buggy is wheeling toward me. It's pretty full, I notice that it's a guy pushing it but I don't look at his face. Rather, I'm admiring the gorgeous sweet peppers he has in his cart. A woman's voice says, "PEGGY!" I look up, it's my work buddy Annalisa and her partner, Dan. I laugh and explain that I'm a bit brain dead and tell them about running into Annette & Jamie and then my folks. While I'm telling her this, the guy who installed our windows walks by and I look up toward the sound of a car honking it's horn. Our boss and another friend are driving by, honking and waving. It was a little bizarre.

I always knew that Kingston was a small town but that's just a little too much, don't you think?

One thing that made me smile today: It's Friday night and I've already finished all of my errands for the weekend. It feels really good!

No comments: