Thursday, January 20, 2005

snow snow and more snow

Okay, so I've shoveled the driveway twice in 12 hours. That is no fun at all. I shouldn't complain though, the snow was the light/fluffy variety. It was really windy though so it made it a little more difficult than it should have been. We probably could have gotten away without doing at all but the temperature is supposed to drop over the next day or so and I didn't think that a frozen, rutty mess in the driveway was a good idea.

I'm feeling a lot better today than I was earlier in the week. My mum is having a rough week though. She found out, later in the day on Monday, that another woman she knew had passed away. Now this particular lady is quite elderly and had been ill but all the same, it's beyond sad to lose two people in one day.

Anyway, I'm off to work in a bit so I should dash. Bundle up folks, it's gonna be a cold one today!

One thing that made me smile today: Being the first person on the block with a clean driveway. As much as I'm not a big fan of cleaning up snow, you do experience a good sense of accomplishment when it's all done. Unlike pushing papers around, you can actually stand back and see the result of all of your effort. Instant gratification.

No comments: