Tuesday, January 04, 2005

displaced

We're still sitting 'round the table together. The furniture, in pieces, is here though. It came in 3 trucks and took a large crew of men all morning to unload. It looks like the world's largest lego set in our offices. Hopefully, by the end of the week, we'll be in our spiffed up spaces.

Joe was still in bed all day yesterday with is back problems. When I left for work though, I heard him up and moving around so I'm hopeful that he's feeling better today. I had to "yell" at him last night. He didn't want to eat or take his pills because he didn't care about it. I explained to him that he would never get better if he was weak from not eating. The way I did it, made him laugh so hard that his back shot him a pain. I felt bad about the pain but he needed to laugh. He needed some perspective. At least he has a warm house and a bed and he's not so sick that we need to take him to emerge. When you're almost 80, things take longer to heal.

Anyway, other than sick folks at home and crammed in like sardines at work, not much is happening. I'm looking forward to going home tonight and taking it easy. Last night was a bit of a blur. After work, we got groceries, I made dinner, changed the beds, did laundry and looked after the sick folks. By the time 8 p.m. rolled around I was beyond beat. Hopefully, tonight won't be so nutty.

One thing that made me smile today: Mark is feeling less pain today than he was yesterday. He actually got a peaceful night's sleep thanks to the medication we picked up last night. He's having his knee x-rayed today so hopefully they will be able to tell him what's wrong with it.

No comments: