Saturday, January 15, 2005

quiet

It was so nice, not having to jump out of bed and tear out to do early morning errands. That's my regular weekend routine. I try to get out and do what I need to do before it gets too busy. This morning, we slept in a little bit and then had a bit of a lazy morning. I didn't even get out of my pj's and into a shower until after 2. It sounds silly I know, but by not having to go out, tidying up and cleaning stuff up around the house didn't feel like such a chore. I puttered around the computer room / office and threw out a bunch of stuff, filed away some papers and dusted. The house looks pretty good and I feel rested and relaxed. It's very nice.

Mark's friend arrived, on his own, this afternoon. His son's hockey team lost their game this afternoon. I'd like to wish them well tomorrow afternoon but they are playing our guys (the Queen's team) and I just can't not cheer for Queen's (even though I really don't get all excited about hockey). Anyway, we went out for a nice dinner and a good visit. He's still here but he and Mark are downstairs visiting. They haven't had a chance to just sit around and gab like for a good long time so I'm glad that they have the chance right now.

Anyway, I'm off to go find a movie to watch. Hope you're having a good weekend too.

One thing that made me smile today: Our internet connection is back to normal. Well I shouldn't say that. Recently, normal has been piss-poor. The past couple of days, it's been working almost perfectly. Of course, as I type this I realize that it'll probably drop dead as soon as I try to publish this post.

No comments: