Saturday, October 02, 2004

unrest

Coulda, shoulda, woulda but didn't sleep in this morning. I woke up at my normal time, around 4:45 or so. I was up for an hour or so and did go back to bed for another hour but it was by no means, the big lie in I'd planned for myself.

Instead of lazing in my bed, I got up and started into my mountain of laundry and then ran out to get some errands done. It wasn't horrible though and I was able to get a lot of stuff accomplished. I actually got all of the laundry done and packed my summer clothes away. The fall stuff is now out and put away, neatly. I even went shopping and picked up a few things for myself today, pants and tops for work mostly. It feel weird but good at the same time to be pulling out the sweaters and hoodies and be thinking about hunkering down for winter. I know that our summer is super short and that everyone always whines about the cool weather but I don't really mind it. I don't think I could live somewhere that didn't have a noticeable change in the seasons. I'd really miss the rituals I think.

One thing that made me smile today: Hanging out with Mark this evening. We both had a busy day today and were kind of wired tonight. We decided, kind of late in the evening for us, to watch the last two episodes of Six Feet Under that we'd had on tape for a couple of weeks now. It was so nice to just chill out with him, sprawled across the sofa watching two of the best hours we've seen on TV lately. I really heart Alan Ball!

No comments: