Friday, October 08, 2004

tgif

What a week it's been. It's gone by so quickly, it's really hard to believe that it's Friday again. I'm happy but still surprised. Today was so busy, at around 3 p.m., I was sure that I was going to have to call Mark and tell him that I was sticking around until 6 or so. Fortunately, I ploughed through a bunch of stuff and left the rest. I walked away from it at my normal time. The chaos was sort of organized though so it shouldn't been too hard to manage when I get back into the office on Tuesday.

Today has been an absolutely gorgeous fall day. The sun was shining and it was very warm. I actually wore sandals to work today. Mind, this is the probably the last day I'll be able to get away without wearing socks for a very long time but that's okay.

The long weekend should be fun. My aunt and uncle are in town from Calgary. They've been staying at my mum & dad's place and we're planning to see them tomorrow. They have never seen our house so we'll have them over for the nickel tour. The house isn't really clean or anything but I'm not going to go nuts worrying about it. Most likely, I'll push the hoover around and tidy up a bit. I'm really looking forward to seeing them. The last time I saw them was Easter 2003 so it's been a while.

Tonight, the only thing we have planned is to watch the final presidential debate. I am really looking forward to it. I've never liked the Bush family and it's been horrifying to see what they have done to the US over the past three and a bit years. Early on, I got really frustrated by the news in the states and stopped following much of what was happening down south. I took an ostrich approach to it I suppose. Since the end of March though, I have been completely addicted to Air America Radio. I listen to it all day long at work. It's been so refreshing to hear the truth about what's going on.

Over the past few months, as things have ramped up heading toward the US election, Mark and I have been devouring everything we can get our hands on as far as American politics go. I've said this before, our government has it's flaws, as does any, but I think that they are a little more honest and open than the Bushes have been with the poor folks in the states. It breaks my heart that so much damage has been done by people who basically stole the 2000 election. Anyway, our fascination recently, feels like we're watching a sporting event. I mean, I understand how important it is for the entire world that Bush not be re-elected but, we can watch the goings-on with a weird sense of detachment. It's not unlike watching a really long, drawn-out, sports play-off series.

One thing that made me smile today: We have three whole days off. Happy Thanksgiving weekend everyone!!

No comments: