Tuesday, October 12, 2004

back to work

The long weekend was nice but I find that you always pay for that day off. This week is shaping up to be absolutely insane here at the office. Oh well, c'est la vie, right?

In lieu of anything better to say today, here is this week's edition of TV Tuesday: Week 27 - New Seasons

1. Is there a new show that's caught your attention? Good or bad?

Desperate Housewives. I TiVo'd the first 2 episodes and we watched them last night. I hadn't expected too much, to be honest, but we enjoyed it. It's not the best thing I've ever seen but I like the tongue-in-cheek writing and the cartoony sets.

2. Were there any season premieres you were just dying to see? Did they live up to the wait?

We always look forward to the new season of NYPD Blue and this year was no exception. It was a good episode, it set the tone for the final season. I think it's going to be a good year.

3. What's your all time favorite season or show premiere?

I would have to say that it's usually the annual Treehouse of Horror episode of the Simpsons. The last couple of years, that's been the season premiere and it's always good.

~Bonus~ Did you ever end up liking a show that you disliked the premiere of? Which show? Why?

King of the Hill. When I first saw it, I didn't really care for it. A few months later, I was visiting my brother and watched it with him and quite enjoyed it. I've been a fan ever since. I can't tell you what it was exactly about that first episode I didn't like because I've seen it several times since and think it's funny. I just must have been in a weird mood that day I guess.

One thing that made me smile today: I got a terrific deal on some Halloween lights tonight after work. I got two strings of orange and two strings of this weird purple colour. Sometime this weekend I'm going to put them up in our kitchen windows. yay!

No comments: