Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Way Back Wednesday - We Walk The Same Line

This year, I've been reminded, time and time again, at what a wonderful year 1994 was for music and other stuff.

Just this past week, I realized that 25 years ago, Everything But The Girl released "Amplified Heart." It's such a great record. I've been a fan of theirs since the first time I heard Tracey Thorn's voice (probably on The Paris Match by the Style Council but maybe not). This was EBTG's 8th studio album and it's beautifully laid back and yet it grabs you, well it grabbed me all those years ago when I first heard it and it still does today.

It's pretty much, to me, a perfect pop records.  Simply gorgeous.  Today, for Way Back Wednesday, I'm going to share my favourite song from it, "We Walk The Same Line."

Also, in honour of it's 25 anniversary, Amplified Heart is now available on vinyl. Just saying...

Enjoy kittens xo

And if these troubles
Should vanish like rain on midday
Well I've no doubt there'll be more
And we can't run and we can't cheat
Cause babe when we meet
What we're afraid of
We find out what we're made of


No comments: