Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Way Back Wednesday - Driving Away From Home

When I look back at the music I was listening to the year I graduated from high school, it was pretty much a mixed bag of stuff and that hasn't really changed in the 33 years since.

One song that caught my ear at the time (and I just loved it, what a delicious earworm it was!!), was "Driving Away From Home (Jim's Tune)" by It's Immaterial. I'm sharing it with you today for Way Back Wednesday.

It was a single from the Liverpool band's 1986 album, "Life's Hard and Then You Die."

I don't recall if this video was played a lot on Much Music but I know I had it on a VHS tape so I watched it a lot. Hope you enjoy it.

Happy Hump Day kittens xo

I'll tell you what
Why don't we cross the city limit
And head on down the M62
It's only thirty nine miles
And forty five minutes to Manchester
And that's my birth-place, you know

No comments: