Wednesday, November 06, 2019

Way Back Wednesday - Penthouse In The Woods

I can remember the exact moment that I heard today's song for the first time. I was in the bedroom of an apartment I lived in from 1990 to 2000.  It was a weekend evening and I know this because Mr David Wisdom played the song on his CBC radio show. Until that moment, I was unfamiliar with the Scud Mountain Boys but I didn't move from the radio, waiting to hear the name of the band or artist who was responsible for the most wonderful things my ears had heard in a while.  It was 1996 (the year the song was released on their Massachusetts album) and as I type that, it seems incredible that it's been over 23 years since that magic moment on College Street.

As it happened, the whole album was (and still is) fantastic. The songs have a timeless quality about them. The best songs always do.

For Way Back Wednesday, I'm sharing "Penthouse in the Woods" by the Scud Mountain Boys.  I hope that when you hear it, you're as struck by it as I was back in 1996.

Happy hump day kittens xo

I didn't sleep last night
I didn't sleep the night before
I'm pretty wound tight
I couldn't empty out my head
All the serious questions
Seem to eat my time away


No comments: