Thursday, July 31, 2008

smooch


smooch
Originally uploaded by Julep67
I have only one more sleep until my vacation begins.

Mark is taking a week off with me so I'm very excited about that. Ordinarily, he can't take that much time off with me but, given that there is a holiday on Monday and we have to go out of town one other day, we just thought that he may as well take the whole week off so, yay! A week off for him and two weeks off for me.

One of the things we'll be doing during our vacation is going to the passport office in Whitby. A friend of ours is going on a course in Florida for a month (in September) so he needs to get a passport and we offered to run his application up there. From all I've heard, it's much faster to get it done there than it is to do it in Ottawa. We thought we'd get ours done at the same time because neither of us has a valid passport and it looks like we'll be needing one next year if we want to do any cross border shopping (thanks to that asshat Bush).

We have a couple of other little day trips planned but other than that, not much else. I'm kind of glad. I think we can both just use a break to chill out around town, hang out with Sam and just enjoy the summer weather while it lasts.

No comments: