Monday, July 07, 2008

working it


napkin
Originally uploaded by Julep67
After a quick week's vacation (technically though, I only had to book 3 vacation days), I returned to work this morning. Since I changed jobs back in January, I don't mind coming back to work. I can remember in my old job, when I would be away for any length of time, I'd start to feel sick to my stomach a few days before having to return. That doesn't happen anymore which is just one of the many things I love about this job.

I guess because of the holiday last week, my voice mail box and email inbox weren't over flowing (which is nice). Fortunately, I had my shit together enough before I went off on break to make myself a schedule for the next four weeks. I was pleasantly surprised when I discovered it this morning (rather than feeling stupid for completely forgetting that I'd done it).

One big thing that I hadn't factored though were a couple of moves that I'll be helping with this week. Two of the amazing women I work with have recently received promotions (absolutely well deserved) so they will be moving back into the central office from out here "in the colonies." It's a bitter sweet thing. I'll still be working indirectly with them but it won't be quite the same as it has been. It'll also mean some new folks to get used to. I don't mind that but it is a little scary when I think about the terrific balance we have on our current team.

I guess because the environment I work in is ever changing, the change doesn't bother me like it used to. I try very hard to just go with the flow and keep a good attitude about it all. It's not a Pollyanna thing, and I'm not being an ostrich, I have just learned that the changes are usually good in the long run so why fight it? Also, it keeps things from getting boring which is also, always good.

No comments: