Friday, August 12, 2005

friday, the 12th

That doesn't sound nearly as spooky as Friday the 13th, does it? Whichever it is, whenever it is, Friday's are always good. I try not to be one of those people who wish the week away but honestly, being one of those Monday to Friday, 8:30 to 4:30 types, by the time the alarm goes off on Friday morning, I'm a little relieved.

This week was unbelievably weird. It was busy but in a halting way. Every once in a while, odd tasks would be given to me. I got through it though, in more or less one piece. I shouldn't say that actually (and no, I'm not back-spacing to erase it), I'm actually feeling quite good as it happens. Mark, on the other hand, is still feeling the after-effects of the heat stroke the other day. It would seem that he has a small bug or something as his ears and nose are a little plugged. The nose thing you can almost live with but it's hard to work when you can't hear.

Now that the weekend is here, of course it started to rain. It's a very nice soft rain, I can see the drops hitting my office window. I'm not complaining about the moisture, goodness knows we need it. Everything is really burned and dead looking around here. Flower beds are wilted and sad looking, lawns are brown. It's not good.

The weekend hold many possibilities and few commitments. Of course, at some point, we'll visit Joe. I have a bag of clean laundry for him and he's talking about wanting to venture out of the facility and into a restaurant. This would be his first trip off the property since he arrived on July 5. I can't remember the last time we got him to go to a restaurant so that would be a nice treat for him. It would surely beat the swiss chalet take-away we brought to him a couple of weeks ago. We want to see my mum at some point too this weekend. As I mentioned earlier in the week, we didn't get a chance to see her on her actual birthday on Tuesday.

It's possible that we will get ambitious and take more cardboard to the recycle centre and unpack a butt load of boxes, it's also possible that we will lay around the house like third base and do nothing. A third possibility would be to go for a mini-road trip somewhere. I don't know what we'll do exactly and at the moment, I'm not that bothered. I'm just happy to have two whole days to myself!!

And, oh yeah, here's this week's edition of Friday's Feast:

Appetizer
Did you sleep good last night?

I did, thanks for asking. It took me a while longer than it usually does to fall asleep but when I got there, I had a lovely peaceful sleep.

Soup
What is your current computer desktop image?

It's a picture I took of our goldfishies, swimming around in their tank, trying to avoid having their picture taken!

Salad
When was the last time you planted something, what was it and where did it go?

I can't remember, honestly. Last summer I transplanted some rhubarb that my mum gave me from her garden. When last I saw it (at our old house) it was growing well and the new folks should have a bumper crop this year.

Main Course
What's your favorite condiment?

I'd like to be all sophisticated and say something fancy, with like chipolte or wasabi in it but it's good old Heinz ketchup.

Dessert
Share a quote that you like, for whatever reason.

"And then one day it happened
She cut 'er hair and I stopped lovin' 'er"
- Billy Bragg, Walk Away Renee (version)

No comments: