Monday, August 15, 2005

distracted

Do you ever wake up feeling great and then, you get some bad news and it feels like you've had the wind knocked out of your sails? It kinda sucks and that's how I'm feeling this morning. It started out when I read my email and saw that Lizz Winstead's by-all-reports-totally-terrific father had passed away. Reading her online guestbook left me a little choked up and very moved.

About an hour later, I get phone call here at work. One of my all-time favourite volunteers, someone who I've worked with for years and felt was a friend, not just a volunteer, passed away over the weekend. He was an elderly man and his death was caused by a very serious (and thankfully brief) illness but still, I have that kicked-in-the-gut feeling right now.

It's just one of those weird days, yanno? On a more up-beat note, this morning I received an email from someone I haven't seen in a while and hopefully I'll get to see him for a bit on Thursday evening.

Hopefully, this afternoon, I'll have my shit a little more together than it's been this morning. I have stuff that I need to get done and I won't be getting much of it done if I'm still feeling like this. Mondays, sometimes they just bite.

No comments: