Friday, April 15, 2005

the sickness

Mark's birthday was nice although not terribly eventful. We had planned to go out for dinner but at the last minute decided to just go buy some stuff at the store and make it at home. He wanted something really tasty and at times, Kingston is a culinary wasteland so... We ended up having 2 different kinds of shrimp, some salad and it was delicious. It was much better than anything we could have had in a restaurant and for what we paid for the shrimp, there was no way that the 3 of us could have eaten in a restaurant.

After dinner, my mum and dad came over. Mum brought Mark some yummy looking butter-tart-squares. I say yummy looking because I didn't have one. He had a few and then I put them away. If I'm lucky, maybe I'll get to try one over the weekend. I'm not holding my breath though.

Joe and I are still sick with the cold. We were supposed to be going out of town this weekend but that's not happening now. Neither of us feel up to the trip so we're going to skip it. Honestly, I think we're both a little too sick to be disappointed at this point. After work, Mark and I went to Joe's pharmacy and got some cough syrup for him. It was a challenge for the pharmacist to find something that would not interact with the rest of his medications but he did it in the end. I think it'll help Joe. He's just been drinking hot water and sucking on Halls to fight the cough. It's a nasty bug I tell ya.

If all goes well, we'll have a very restful weekend. I hope you do too!!

No comments: