Thursday, April 14, 2005

Happy Birthday

Today is Mark's birthday. When we started this whole buying and selling houses stuff, we decided to do the gift thing for our birthdays. Of course, I couldn't not get him something. Ordinarily, I get him something hardware related for his computer. This year though, money being tight and all for the next little while, I picked him up a copy of the R. Crumb Handbook. He was pleasantly surprised. I could tell he was not expecting it (when he picked up the wrapped package he said, "could this be a new hard drive?"). There sure is a lot of stuff crammed into the book, it's really cool actually.

I'm back at work today. I'm feeling a bit better but not fantastic. I slept for 6 hours yesterday during the morning. Even though I got up 2 or 3 times, it was more than I slept all together in more than a week. Last night was dreadful. Everytime I'd lay down, I'd start coughing. When I'd finally fall asleep, I'd be dreaming about coughing and then, no surprise, I'd wake up coughing. Fun huh?? I have a croaky, raspy thing happening with my voice which is really irritating. I would love to not have to talk but that's hard to do here at work.

The house thing is going well. We finally got the last bit of tidying up done and I think the place looks really nice. Apparently, the folks who went through it on Tuesday were very happy with what they saw and their agent will be getting in touch with them on Sunday or Monday about the possibility of an offer (we're not accepting any until Monday because we technically weren't supposed to be doing any viewings until tomorrow). Speaking of which, another person went through this morning and yet another is booked for tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed folks, we're looking for a quick sale!

So that's about all the news there is today. I think we're going out for dinner with Mark's dad tonight, to celebrate his birthday. Other than that, we don't have any big plans. We have to go into Toronto on Saturday so we'll probably do something fun then. If you want to send him some happy birthday wishes, pass them along to me and I'll forward them to him.

No comments: