Wednesday, April 13, 2005

it's snot funny

My body is a pathetic snot factory. Seriously. It's been 6 days now and there is no end in sight. I'm exhausted and currently have literally no voice. If I talk, I cough. It's not nice, not at all. On the upside, my nose is feeling less like hamburger right now. My throat isn't so good but at least my nose is looking less "W.C. Fields" at the moment.

The house is coming together. It looks pretty great actually, despite the super slow pace I have had to take doing the cleaning over the past few days. I took Monday and Tuesday off work. After spending several days at the local "Days Inn," we were able to move back into the house on Sunday. I was never so glad to see my bed in my whole life. There is nothing as dreary and depressing as being sick when you are away from home.

Back to the house, we're officially starting viewings on Friday. Yesterday, however, as a favour to another agent in his office, our guy arranged for a viewing for folks who "could look past the mess." They were here twice yesterday. Not sure if we'll be hearing anything from them today or not but I thought that was a good sign. There is another viewing booked for Friday morning and an open house scheduled for Friday. The house looks pretty good. Everything is bright and clean looking. All I really need to do to get ready for Friday is scrub the bathroom, dust Joe's room and go over the whole place again with the vacuum. The kitchen and living room look better than they ever had. It's kind of sad that they only look that good when you're planning on leaving.

I think I'm going to crawl back into bed. I feel like hammered shit and can't talk or breathe so I'm pretty sure that no one will want to see me, coughing and blowing my nose, at the office. I sure wouldn't want to see me, if I had a choice.

Happy humpday kiddies, hope you're feeling better than I am!

No comments: