Sunday, February 01, 2004

Except for the Friday Five, I've not written anything here all week. I have a very good excuse though, our computer is not in my bed or in our bathroom!

I have been sick as the proverbial dog for almost a week. Finally, today, I've actually felt pretty good and been able to keep food down. For the better part of a week, I felt like crap. Not truly horrible, just off, you know? Well last Monday, I got up and worked out, ate my breakfast and then headed up to have a shower. By the time I got to the top of the stairs, I thought I'd been hit by a bus. It was horrible. I was violently sick for most of Monday night and proceeded to spend Tuesday and Wednesday either in bed or on the toilet. Not pretty, not one little bit!! I had no appetite and couldn't really sleep properly. When I did eat, the most exotic thing I could get down was chicken soup (hey, it is exotic compared to dry toast and ginger ale!!).

Thursday I was feeling a bit better and went back to work. I really shouldn't have done that though because I was sick again that night and most of Friday. I did go in on Friday too but only for a really short period of time. Yesterday was a write-off too. Today though, it's been amazing. I really think you get sick like that so that you'll have a better appreciation for how good "normal" feels. I'm still seriously watching what I'm eating but I think that the worst of it is well behind me now. I'm actually looking forward to getting back into my exercise routine again tomorrow and to going back to work!

No comments: