Wednesday, February 04, 2004

I have been thinking a lot lately about how many passwords and userids we all have to use on a daily basis. It's a little weird isn't it? I mean, our (well, my anyway) grandparents (or great-grandparents) never had to keep track of what password goes with which login for which thing...nevermind pin's and stuff like that.

We got a shitload of snow yesterday. It was that wet, heavy kind of snow. The kind that is just torture to shovel. Last night when we got home from work, we shoveled the driveway as the snow was falling. I'm glad we did because it was filled in again this morning. Overnight, the temperature dropped a bit and the wet snow froze so it's really heavy and icy now. Fun huh?? This morning I did my best but didn't have time to get the whole driveway done. I did manage to get the cars dug out and the bottom of the driveway cleaned up, of course, by the time I go downstairs in a few minutes, I'm sure that the plow will have been by and filled it back in for me. The city is so nice about that!! At least we're not due any more snow for a couple of days. We've done a lot more shovelling this winter than we have the past couple of years. I don't mind too much, at least when you get a day's break between sessions. It's just brutal though when you're out there moving snow around every 8 to 12 hours.

Even though we've had a lot of shovelling to do this winter, I still don't think I'd want to go south for a break. I know some folks who are either in the south right now or who have just returned and I think it would just make the winter harder to get through somehow. I can't imagine being somewhere warm and sunny for a week and flying back into a snow storm. That would just be unbearable to me. Of course, going south for a retreat isn't in the budget this year anyway so it's not something I have to worry about. Besides, there are more important things to worry about anyway, like Janet Jackson's booby, right? Talk about a slow news week huh? I thought that the whole "bennifer" thing was over the top, this is just silly. Kind of makes me wonder though if the stunt wasn't deliberately planned to take the media focus off of her brother for a few days. Only Ms Jackson knows for sure I guess.

No comments: