Wednesday, February 25, 2004

To say I've been feeling overwhelmed just recently would be a huge understatement.

Last September, this big announcement was made at work about a restructuring that would take place throughout the organization. From September to December, I let the uncertainty of it all eat away at me. Many of my co-workers did this too. It wasn't the healthiest way to deal with it but we had been given a very tiny amount of information and basically told to just not worry about it, carry on with what you're doing and it'll be fine. Personally, I'd have rather not heard anything about it at all instead of just hearing a tiny little bit (just enough to drive you crazy with worry).

After Christmas, I came back to work with a new resolution: I wasn't going to worry about it. This worked okay until last week when we found out what our jobs would be. I'm happy to report that I'm actually still employed (some folks aren't so lucky) but I'm going to be doing something that seems to be completely different from what I have been doing for the past 8 years. I'm sure that in the long run, it'll be fine. I'm sure it's something that I can do and do well. The transition period seems like it is going to be completely insane but somehow I'll get through it.

Needless to say, I've been totally stressed for the past week. I've been really exhausted and probably quite grumpy. I'm the kind of person who needs lists and schedules. I need to know where I'm going and how I'm going to get there (as far as work goes anyway). All of this upheaval has thrown me for a huge loop. Anyway, just thought that I should explain my absence over the past week. Not sure how much time I'll have to check in here over the next little while but I'm going to do my best to post at least a couple of times a week.

Now, onto fun stuff...Stolen from the lovely Bev!
sandals
Sandals- peaceful, daydreamy, and thoughtful, you
often find yourself staring into space. When
you aren't out volunteering you are often just
dreaming away. You enjoy the company of
friends sometimes but enjoy peace and quiet.



What Kind of Shoe Are You?
brought to you by Quizilla

No comments: